- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 192
- Fat Content: 12.6g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7.2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 13.1g
- Sugar Content: 4.4g
- Fiber Content: 5.4g
- Protein Content: 6.5g
- Sodium Content: 2g
- butter - 25g butter
- spring-onion - 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- leek - 1 leek (about 120g), sliced
- celery - 2 small sticks celery (about 85g), sliced
- potato - 1 small potato (about 200g), peeled and diced
- black-pepper - 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- stock - 1l stock (made with two chicken or vegetable stock cubes)
- spinach - 2 x 200-235g bags spinach
- creme-fraiche - 150g half-fat creme fraiche
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan. Add the spring onions, leek, celery and potato. Stir and put on the lid. Sweat for 10 minutes, stirring a couple of times.
- Pour in the stock and cook for 10 - 15 minutes until the potato is soft.
- Add the spinach and cook for a couple of minutes until wilted. Use a hand blender to blitz to a smooth soup.
- Stir in the creme fraiche. Reheat and serve.
Iron-rich vegetarian recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has butter, spring onion, leek, celery, potato, black pepper, stock, spinach and crème fraîche.Add to Favourites