- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 639
- Fat Content: 40g
- Saturated Fat Content: 12g
- Carbohydrate Content: 12g
- Sugar Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 8g
- Protein Content: 55g
- Sodium Content: 1.3g
Spring roast chicken
- chicken-thigh - 8 chicken thighs, on the bone, skin on
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- lemon - 1 lemon, zested and cut into wedges
- shallots - 4 shallots, thickly sliced
- rosemary - 4 rosemary sprigs
- tarragon - small pack tarragon
- asparagus - 450g asparagus spears, trimmed
- courgette - 2 courgettes, thickly sliced on the diagonal
- peas - 250g peas (preferably fresh, not frozen)
- feta - 100g feta, crumbled
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the chicken thighs in a large shallow roasting tin, season and toss with the olive oil, lemon zest and wedges, shallots, rosemary and tarragon. Arrange the chicken thighs, skin-side up, and roast for 40-50 mins until the skin is crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the asparagus for 3 mins or until tender, adding the courgettes and peas for the final minute.
- Drain the vegetables and toss in with the chicken, coating well with the cooking juices. Crumble over the feta and serve.
Family meal recipe for 4 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has chicken thigh, olive oil, lemon, shallots, rosemary, tarragon, asparagus, courgette, peas and feta.