- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 465
- Fat Content: 17g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Carbohydrate Content: 28g
- Sugar Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 12g
- Protein Content: 43g
- Sodium Content: 1.2g
Spring vegetable broth with shredded chicken
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- chicken-breast - 1 large chicken breast, skin on
- chicken-stock - 500ml chicken stock
- sourdough-bread - 1 slice sourdough bread, cut into cubes
- parmesan - 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- spring-green - 2 large handfuls spring greens, finely sliced
- asparagus-spear - 4 asparagus spears, trimmed, halved and cut into chunky pieces
- pea - 40g fresh or frozen peas
- borlotti-bean - 400g can borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Heat 1 tsp of the oil in a pan, brown the chicken, then remove. Bring the stock to the boil in the same pan, add the chicken and cook for 5 mins. Turn off the heat, cover with a lid and leave to stand for 30 mins.
- Put the bread cubes on a baking tray. Drizzle with the remaining oil, some salt and the Parmesan. Bake for 6 mins until crunchy and golden. Remove and scrape off the tray onto a plate.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and slice it. Bring the stock to the boil again and add the greens, asparagus and peas. Cook for 1 min, then add the beans and chicken. Heat everything through, then pour into bowls and top with the Parmesan toast to serve.
Immune-friendly recipe for 2 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has olive oil, chicken breast, chicken stock, sourdough bread, parmesan, spring green, asparagus spear, pea and borlotti bean.