- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 223
- Fat Content: 16g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 9g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
Spring vegetable & cauliflower tabbouleh
- cauliflower - 1 whole cauliflower (about 500g when trimmed)
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- vegetable-stock - 5 tbsp hot vegetable stock
- asparagus - 125g pack fine asparagus, stems cut into small pieces, tips left whole
- courgette - 1 courgette, cut into small cubes
- lemon - zest 2 lemons, juice of 1
- golden-caster-sugar - 2 tsp golden caster sugar
- caper - 2 tbsp capers, drained and chopped
- extra-virgin-olive-oil - 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- parsley - 50g parsley, leaves only
- mint - small pack mint, leaves only
- spring-onion - bunch spring onions, shredded
- Grate the cauliflower on the coarse side of a box grater, stopping only when you get to the very hard central core. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large pan, add the cauliflower with some seasoning and fry over a medium heat for 3 mins, stirring regularly. Splash in the stock, stir, then cover the pan and cook for 3-4 mins more. Stir once or twice during cooking until the cauliflower is just tender and the stock is absorbed. Spread over a plate and leave to cool. Wipe out the pan.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan and add the asparagus stems, courgette and seasoning. Fry over a high heat until turning golden, about 3 mins. Add the asparagus tips, fry for 2 mins more, then leave to cool.
- Mix the zest and lemon juice, and the sugar, capers, oil and some seasoning. Chop the herbs fairly finely, then tip into a large bowl with the cauliflower, vegetables and spring onions. When ready to eat, add the dressing and mix well. Mound onto a serving plate, drizzle with a little more oil, then cut the remaining zested lemon into wedges and serve alongside.
Healthy salad recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has cauliflower, olive oil, vegetable stock, asparagus, courgette, lemon, golden caster sugar, caper, extra virgin olive oil, parsley, mint and spring onion.