- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 181
- Fat Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 27g
- Sugar Content: 13g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 0.31g
Squash & nigella seed soup
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 1 onion
- nigella-seed - 2 tsp nigella seeds
- chilli-powder - pinch chilli powder
- squash - 800g squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks
- potato - 1 potato, cubed
- vegetable-stock - 850ml low-sodium vegetable stock
- flat-leaf-parsley - small bunch flat-leaf parsley
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion, then fry until lightly coloured. Add the nigella seeds and chilli, then fry for 1 min. Tip in the squash, potato and stock, then bring to the boil. Stir well, cover, then simmer for 20 mins, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Puree the soup in batches, adding a handful of parsley with each batch. Return the soup to the pan, then reheat. The soup can be frozen for up to 1 month.
Healthy soup recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion, nigella seed, chilli powder, squash, potato, vegetable stock and flat-leaf parsley.