- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 328
- Fat Content: 19g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8g
- Carbohydrate Content: 26g
- Sugar Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 12g
- Sodium Content: 0.7g
Squash, sage & sourdough bake
- butternut-squash - 1 butternut squash, peeled, cut in half down the middle, seeds removed and sliced into semi circles
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- thyme-sprig - thyme sprig
- butter - 1 tbsp butter
- sage - bunch of sage, leaves picked
- onion - 1 onion, chopped
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- red-chilli-flakes - generous pinch of dried red chilli flakes
- lemon - 1/2 lemon, zested
- sourdough-breadcrumbs - 100g sourdough breadcrumbs
- milk - 200ml milk
- egg - 2 eggs
- double-cream - 50ml double cream
- parmesan - 25g grated parmesan
- pecorino - 25g grated pecorino (or use all parmesan)
- pumpkin-seeds - handful of pumpkin seeds
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. In a roasting tin, toss the squash with 1 tbsp olive oil, salt, pepper and the thyme leaves. Cover the tin with foil and roast for 30 mins until the squash is tender.
- Heat the remaining olive oil with the butter until the butter has melted and is foaming slightly. Throw in the sage leaves and cook for a couple of mins until crisp, then add the onion, garlic, chilli flakes and lemon zest. Cook, stirring, for about 8 mins, until the onion is soft and fragrant, add a drizzle more oil if needed. Mix in the breadcrumbs, toasting in the fat for a few mins.
- Whiskthe milk, eggs and cream together before adding the cheese. Remove the squash from the oven and turn the oven down to 170C/150C fan/gas 3. Combine the crumb mix with milk, eggs and cream. Pour over the squash. Scatter over the pumpkin seeds, then roast for another 15 mins. Remove from the oven and allow to settle for a couple of mins before serving.
Vegetarian dinner recipe for 4 – 6 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has butternut squash, olive oil, thyme sprig, butter, sage, onion, garlic clove, red chilli flakes, lemon, sourdough breadcrumbs, milk, egg, double cream, parmesan, pecorino and pumpkin seeds.