- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 353
- Fat Content: 12g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 45g
- Sugar Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 9g
- Protein Content: 13g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
Squash & spinach fusilli with pecans
- butternut-squash - 160g butternut squash, diced
- garlic-clove - 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- sage-leaves - 1 tbsp chopped sage leaves
- rapeseed-oil - 2 tsp rapeseed oil
- courgette - 1 large courgette, halved and sliced
- pecan - 6 pecan halves
- fusilli - 115g wholemeal fusilli
- baby-spinach - 125g bag baby spinach
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Toss the butternut squash, garlic and sage in the oil, then spread out in a roasting tin and cook in the oven for 20 mins, add the courgettes and cook for a further 15 mins. Give everything a stir, then add the pecans and cook for 5 mins more until the nuts are toasted and the vegetables are tender and starting to caramelise.
- Meanwhile, boil the pasta according to pack instructions - about 12 mins. Drain, then tip into a serving bowl and toss with the spinach so that it wilts in the heat from the pasta. Add the roasted veg and pecans, breaking up the nuts a little, and toss again really well before serving.
Marathon recipe for 2 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has butternut squash, garlic clove, sage leaves, rapeseed oil, courgette, pecan, fusilli and baby spinach.