- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 647
- Fat Content: 27g
- Saturated Fat Content: 15g
- Carbohydrate Content: 87g
- Sugar Content: 63g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 12g
- Sodium Content: 1.1g
St Clement’s pie
- digestive-biscuit - 250g light digestive biscuit
- cornflake - 100g cornflake
- butter - 85g butter, melted
- caster-sugar - 140g caster sugar
- large-egg - 1 large egg, plus 4 large egg yolks
- condensed-milk - 397g can light condensed milk
- lemon - zest and juice 3 lemons
- orange - zest and juice 2 oranges
- double-cream - 150ml pot extra-thick double cream
- greek-yogurt - 100g 0% fat Greek yogurt
- icing-sugar - 4 tbsp icing sugar
- orange - more lemon and orange zest, to decorate
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Sit a fluted 20cm round loose-bottomed tin (about 5cm deep, or a slightly shallower 22cm tin) on a baking sheet. Break the biscuits into a big bowl, or double-bag them in food bags, and bash to big crumbs with the end of a rolling pin or small saucepan. Add the cornflakes and bash a bit more to crumbs. Mix with the melted butter and sugar and press into the base and sides of the tin. Bake for 15 mins, then remove and reduce oven temperature to 160C/140C fan/gas 3.
- Whisk egg and yolks in a big bowl until pale and frothy. Whisk in the condensed milk, followed by the zests and juices. Pour in the tin and bake for 20 mins. Cool in the tin, then chill for at least 5 hrs, or overnight.
- Whip the cream, yogurt and icing sugar together. Dollop on the pie and scatter with zest to serve.
British recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has digestive biscuit, cornflake, butter, caster sugar, large egg, condensed milk, lemon, orange, double cream, greek yogurt, icing sugar and orange.