- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 444
- Fat Content: 24g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8g
- Carbohydrate Content: 29g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 24g
- Sodium Content: 1.9g
Steak panzanella salad with roasted lemons
- lemon - 1 large unwaxed lemon, cut into thin rounds, then halved
- olive-oil - 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- za'atar - 1 tbsp za'atar
- pitta-bread - 2 pitta breads, torn into pieces
- bavette-steak - 200g leftover cooked bavette steak, thinly sliced
- tomato - 600g mixed tomatoes, smaller ones left whole, larger ones halved or cut into wedges
- feta - 100g feta, crumbled
- cucumber - 1/2 cucumber, halved and sliced
- red-onion - 1 red onion, finely chopped
- kalamata-olives - 100g Kalamata olives, stoned and roughly chopped
- mint - small pack mint, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- extra-virgin-olive-oil - extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6. Put the lemon slices on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment. Drizzle over 1 /2 tbsp oil and put in the oven on the highest shelf to roast for 15-20 mins, until the lemon has released its natural sugars and the peel has softened and begun to caramelise. Keep an eye on them - you may need to turn the tray so that they cook evenly.
- Meanwhile, mix together the remaining oil and za'atar in a bowl, then toss in the pitta and use your hands to coat in the spiced oil. Spread out on a baking tray and roast for 15-20 mins until crisp and golden.
- About 5 mins before the lemons are ready, wrap the bavette in a foil parcel and put in the oven alongside the pitta bread to warm through.
- Mix all the other salad ingredients together in a large bowl. Add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and season with black pepper and a little sea salt (the olives and feta will add salt so you shouldn't need much).
- Add the lemons, spiced pitta and warmed bavette. Mix everything together with your hands, then divide between plates or serve sharing-style on a large platter.
Easy recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has lemon, olive oil, za’atar, pitta bread, bavette steak, tomato, feta, cucumber, red onion, kalamata olives, mint and extra virgin olive oil.Add to Favourites