- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 425
- Fat Content: 13g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 31g
- Sugar Content: 15g
- Fiber Content: 14g
- Protein Content: 33g
- Sodium Content: 0.6g
Sticky baked meatloaf with avocado & black bean salsa
- rapeseed-oil - 1 tbsp rapeseed oil, plus a little for greasing
- onions - 2 large onions, halved and thinly sliced
- garlic-cloves - 4 large garlic cloves, grated
- allspice - 1 tsp allspice or mixed spice
- fennel-seed - 1 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- smoked-paprika - 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- tomato-puree - 2 tbsp tomato puree
- quinoa - 50g quinoa
- carrot - 160g grated carrot
- oregano - 1 tsp dried oregano
- ground-cumin - 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- turkey-leg - 400g pack turkey leg and breast mince
- large-egg - 1 large egg
- black-treacle - 1 tsp black treacle
- black-beans - 400g black beans, drained
- red-onion - 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- avocado - 1 avocado, finely chopped
- tomatoes - 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- coriander - 1/2 small pack fresh coriander, chopped
- red-chilli - 1 red chilli deseeded and finely chopped (optional)
- lime - juice 1 lime
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Grease and line a deep 500g loaf tin with baking parchment. Heat the oil in a large, non-stickfrying pan. Add the onions and fry for 10 mins, stirring occasionally until golden. Stir in the garlic and spices, toast over the heat for 3 mins, then add the puree. Scrape half into a small bowl for the topping.
- Stir the quinoa and 4 tbsp water into the frying pan and cook for 2 mins. Tip into abowl, leave to cool for 5 mins, then add the carrot, oregano, cumin, turkey mince and egg. Season with black pepper and mix well. Pack into the greased tin and bake, uncovered, for 35 mins until firm.
- Meanwhile, mix all the salsa ingredients in a serving bowl, and add 3 tbsp water to the remaining onion mixture with the black treacle.
- When the meatloaf is cooked, carefully turn it out of the tin onto a shallow ovenproof dish and spread the onion mixture over the top. Return to the oven, bake for 10 mins more, then slice and serve with the salsa.
High protein lunch recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has rapeseed oil, onions, garlic cloves, allspice, fennel seed, smoked paprika, tomato purée, quinoa, carrot, oregano, ground cumin, turkey leg, large egg, black treacle, black beans, red onion, avocado, tomatoes, coriander, red chilli and lime.