- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 459
- Fat Content: 28g
- Saturated Fat Content: 12g
- Carbohydrate Content: 34g
- Sugar Content: 13g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 17g
- Sodium Content: 1.8g
Sticky chipolata & fennel slaw open sandwiches
- chipolata - 12 chipolata sausages
- clear-honey - 1 tbsp clear honey
- wholemeal-bread - 4 thick slices wholemeal bread (buttered if you like)
- wholegrain-mustard - 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- mayonnaise - 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- natural-yogurt - 2 tbsp natural yogurt
- fennel-bulb - 1 fennel bulb, very finely sliced
- carrot - 2 carrots, grated
- red-onion - 1 red onion, finely sliced
- Heat the grill to medium and cook the sausages for 10 mins, turning every so often. Brush with the honey mixture, then return to the grill for a further 1-2 mins or until cooked through.
- While the sausages cook, mix together the mustard, mayonnaise and yogurt. Combine the fennel, carrots and onion in a bowl, and stir through the mustardy dressing and a little seasoning.
- Pile the slaw onto the slices of bread and top with the sticky sausages.
Speedy suppers recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has chipolata, clear honey, wholemeal bread, wholegrain mustard, mayonnaise, natural yogurt, fennel bulb, carrot and red onion.