- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 656
- Fat Content: 43g
- Saturated Fat Content: 13g
- Carbohydrate Content: 20g
- Sugar Content: 19g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 46g
- Sodium Content: 1.95g
Sticky tamari & honey chicken thighs
- chicken-thigh - 8 skin-on chicken thighs
- honey - 2 tbsp clear honey
- coriander - chopped coriander, to serve
- vegetable-oil - 2 tsp vegetable oil
- tamari - 2 tbsp tamari
- rice-wine - 3 tbsp Sherry or rice wine
- stem-ginger - 5 tbsp stem ginger in syrup, chopped
- garlic-clove - 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- red-chilli - 1-2 red chillies, deseeded and chopped
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Slash the skin on each chicken thigh 2-3 times. Mix the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl. Toss the chicken in the marinade until completely coated, then either cook straight away or cover and chill for a few hrs to marinate.
- To cook, place the chicken in a shallow roasting tin in a single layer and pour over the marinade. Bake for 35-40 mins. Drizzle with honey, place under a medium grill and cook for 3 mins more, until the skin is golden and crisp.
- Place the chicken on a serving plate and tip all the cooking juices into a small saucepan, pouring off any excess fat. Over a medium heat, bubble down the juices until thick and syrupy. Drizzle over the chicken and scatter with coriander.
Cheap cut recipe for 4 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has chicken thigh, honey, coriander, vegetable oil, tamari, rice wine, stem ginger, garlic clove and red chilli.