- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 286
- Fat Content: 17g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 8g
- Sugar Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 25g
- Sodium Content: 2g
Stir-fried beef with oyster sauce
- beef-steak - 450g lean beef steak
- light-soy-sauce - 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- sesame-oil - 2 tsp sesame oil
- rice-wine - 1 tbsp Shaoxing rice wine or dry Sherry
- cornflour - 2 tsp cornflour
- groundnut-oil - 3 tbsp groundnut oil
- red-pepper - 1 red pepper, cut into chunky dice
- green-pepper - 1 green pepper, cut into chunky dice
- oyster-sauce - 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- spring-onion - 2 spring onions, finely shredded, to garnish
- Cut the beef into slices 5cm long and 5mm thick, cutting against the grain of the meat. Put them in a bowl. Mix in the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine or Sherry and cornflour. Leave to marinate for 20 mins.
- Heat a wok until it is very hot, then add the groundnut oil. When it is slightly smoking, add the beef slices and stir-fry for 5 mins or until lightly browned. Remove the meat from the wok and drain well in a colander set inside a bowl. Discard the drained oil.
- Wipe the wok clean and reheat it over a high heat. Add the peppers, and cook for 3-4 mins or until softened. Add the oyster sauce and bring it to a simmer. Return the drained beef slices to the wok and toss them thoroughly with the oyster sauce. Turn the mixture on to a serving platter, top with the spring onions and serve immediately.
Chinese recipe for 4 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has beef steak, light soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine, cornflour, groundnut oil, red pepper, green pepper, oyster sauce and spring onion.