- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 470
- Fat Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 50g
- Sugar Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 9g
- Protein Content: 38g
- Sodium Content: 2.1g
Stir-fried ginger miso steak with broccoli
- sirloin-steak - 200g lean sirloin steaks, all visible fat removed
- miso-paste - 1 tbsp miso paste (I used Clearspring)
- ginger - thumb-sized piece ginger, half finely grated, half cut into matchsticks
- garlic-clove - 4 garlic cloves, 1 finely grated, 3 sliced
- broccoli - 175g broccoli, cut into florets
- star-anise - 2 star anise
- wholewheat-noodle - 2 nests of wholewheat noodles
- spring-onion - 4 spring onions, cut into lengths, then finely shredded into long strips
- rapeseed-oil - 2 tsp rapeseed oil
- button-mushroom - 175g button mushrooms, halved if large
- soy-sauce - reduced-salt soy sauce, to serve (optional)
- sesame-oil - sesame oil, to serve (optional)
- Cut the steak into strips across the grain with a sharp knife, then mix with the miso, grated ginger and grated garlic. Grind in some black pepper and toss really well to coat the meat.
- Bring a medium pan of water to the boil, add the broccoli and blanch for 2 mins. Remove with a slotted spoon. Add the star anise, noodles and spring onions to the water, and cook for 5 mins until the noodles soften.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a non-stick wok and stir-fry the steak for 1 min until it just changes colour. Remove from the pan and add the garlic slices, remaining ginger and mushrooms. Stir-fry until the mushrooms soften. If the wok looks a bit dry, splash in a little water from the noodles.
- Return the steak to the wok, add the broccoli and toss well over the heat to warm through, adding a little more water to loosen the sauce a little. Drain the noodles and pile onto plates. Top with the stir-fry and serve drizzled with a little soy sauce or sesame oil, if you like.
Stir-fry recipe for 2 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has sirloin steak, miso paste, ginger, garlic clove, broccoli, star anise, wholewheat noodle, spring onion, rapeseed oil, button mushroom, soy sauce and sesame oil.Add to Favourites