Stir-fried greens with oyster sauce
- vermicelli-rice-noodle - 100g vermicelli rice noodle
- soy-sauce - 1 tbsp soy sauce
- fish-sauce - 1 tsp fish sauce
- oyster-sauce - 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- sunflower-oil - 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- spring-onion - 4 chopped spring onions
- garlic-clove - 3 chopped garlic cloves
- chilli - 1 deseeded and chopped red chilli
- chestnut-mushroom - 100g thinly sliced shiitake or chestnut mushrooms
- broccoli - 200g broccoli florets
- pak-choi - 2 roughly chopped heads of pak choi
- Soak the rice vermicelli in boiling water for 4 minutes. Drain, refresh under cold water, drain again and set aside.
- Mix soy, fish sauce and oyster sauce in a bowl. Heat the sunflower oil in a large wok, add spring onions, chopped garlic cloves and the deseeded and chopped chilli.
- Stir fry for 20 seconds before adding the thinly sliced shiitake or chestnut mushrooms and broccoli florets. Stir fry for 1 minute, then add the pak choi and the sauce mixture. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes over a high heat, adding a splash of water if the sauce becomes too thick.
- Tip in the noodles, remove from the heat and toss to mix well. Serve in warmed bowls and tuck in with your chopsticks.
Chinese recipe for 3 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has vermicelli rice noodle, soy sauce, fish sauce, oyster sauce, sunflower oil, spring onion, garlic clove, chilli, chestnut mushroom, broccoli and pak choi.