- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 863
- Fat Content: 67g
- Saturated Fat Content: 33g
- Carbohydrate Content: 58g
- Sugar Content: 34g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 10g
- Sodium Content: 0.58g
Strawberry hazelnut tart
- plain-flour - 140g plain flour
- hazelnut - 50g ground hazelnuts
- butter - 100g butter, diced
- caster-sugar - 50g caster sugar
- egg-yolk - 1 egg yolk
- mascarpone - 250g tub mascarpone
- icing-sugar - 2 tbsp icing sugar
- double-cream - 150ml tub double cream
- strawberry - 450g strawberries
- toffee - 140g soft toffees
- milk - 6 tbsp milk
- hazelnut - 85g shelled hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- Heat oven to 190C/170 fan/gas 5. Tip the flour and ground hazelnuts into the food processor and add the butter. Process until it looks like fine crumbs, then add the sugar and mix briefly. Add the egg yolk and 1-2 tbsp cold water, then pulse to a firm dough.
- Knead the dough briefly on a lightly floured surface, then roll out and use to line a 23-24cm loose-based flan tin. Using a sharp knife, trim off the excess pastry, then chill for 15 mins. Line pastry case with a round of baking parchment and fill with baking beans. Bake for 15 mins, then remove the paper and beans and cook for a further 5-7 mins until the pastry is cooked and pale golden.
- Put the toffees and milk in a small pan and gently heat, stirring until the toffees have melted and you have a smooth glossy sauce. Set aside.
- Beat the mascarpone with the icing sugar to loosen it. Whip the cream until it just holds its shape, then fold into the mascarpone. Slice half the strawberries and mix into the cream. Remove the pastry case from the tin and set on a serving plate. Spread two-thirds of the toffee sauce over base, then spoon over the mascarpone.
- Slice the remaining strawberries and scatter over the filling. Drizzle the rest of the toffee sauce over the strawberries and sprinkle with the hazelnuts.
Buffet recipe for 6 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has plain flour, hazelnut, butter, caster sugar, egg yolk, mascarpone, icing sugar, double cream, strawberry, toffee, milk and hazelnut.