- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 10
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 379
- Fat Content: 29g
- Saturated Fat Content: 16g
- Carbohydrate Content: 24g
- Sugar Content: 14g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 0.7g
Strawberry & peanut crunch pie
- butter - 60g butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- digestive-biscuit - 15 digestive biscuits
- peanut-butter - 85g crunchy peanut butter
- creme-fraiche - 200g creme fraiche
- cream-cheese - 200g full-fat cream cheese
- icing-sugar - 25g icing sugar, sifted
- vanilla - 1/2 tsp vanilla paste, or seeds from 1/2 vanilla pod
- strawberry - 450g ripe strawberry (smaller sized ones are best)
- icing-sugar - 2 tbsp icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
- peanut - 40g peanut brittle bar, crushed (we used a Mr Tom bar, but you could also use a slab of peanut brittle from a sweet shop)
- Generously grease a 20cm round sandwich tin and line the base with parchment. Finely crush the biscuits, either in a processor or by putting them into a food bag, squeezing out the air, then bashing with a rolling pin.
- Work the butter and peanut butter into the biscuits until the mix looks like wet sand. Using the back of a cutlery spoon, press the mix evenly over the base and up the sides of the tin. Once even, go over the crumbs again, pressing and firming to a smooth crust. Chill in the freezer for 30 mins.
- Beat the filling ingredients together with electric hand beaters until thick. Spoon carefully into the biscuit case, then top with about 25 strawberries. Chill for at least 2 hrs. For the sauce, use a hand blender or processor to puree 200g strawberries with the icing sugar until smooth.
- When ready to serve, carefully push the very cold pie up out of the tin (standing it on something like an upturned mug will help). Sprinkle over the peanut brittle and extra icing sugar. Serve with the sauce.
Pie recipe for 10 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has butter, digestive biscuit, peanut butter, crème fraîche, cream cheese, icing sugar, vanilla, strawberry, icing sugar and peanut.Add to Favourites