- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 128
- Fat Content: 9g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 8g
- Sugar Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.04g
Strawberry, tomato & watercress salad with honey & pink pepper dressing
- strawberry - 300g strawberries
- tomato - 250g mixed tomatoes
- watercress - 100g watercress, woody stalks discarded
- pink-peppercorn - 1 tbsp pink peppercorns
- strawberry - 2 strawberries (about 40g), chopped
- honey - 1/2 tbsp honey
- lemon - 1/2 lemon, juiced
- extra-virgin-olive-oil - 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- For the dressing, toast the peppercorns in a dry frying pan for 1-2 mins until fragrant, then bash briefly using apestle and mortarwith a pinch of salt to break up the skins. Add the 2 strawberries and smash them to a paste.
- Stir in the honey and lemon juice. Tip the dressing into a large bowl, andwhiskin the olive oil. Check for seasoning, then add a little more salt or lemon juice, if you like. To assemble the salad, cut the strawberries into quarters or slim wedges, and roughly chop the tomatoes, slicing some and halving others so you get lots of different shapes. Mix with the watercress in the bowl.
- Divide the salad between four plates or pile onto a platter. Spoon over any dressing left in the bowl.
Healthy summer recipe for 4 people, takes only 2 mins; recipe has strawberry, tomato, watercress, pink peppercorn, strawberry, honey, lemon and extra virgin olive oil.Add to Favourites