- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 2 with filling leftover
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 660
- Fat Content: 38.7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9.5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 57g
- Sugar Content: 22.6g
- Fiber Content: 12.2g
- Protein Content: 21g
- Sodium Content: 2.8g
Stuffed butternut squash with quinoa
- butternut-squash - 1 medium butternut squash
- olive-oil - olive oil, for roasting
- oregano - pinch dried oregano
- quinoa - 150g ready-to-eat quinoa (we used Merchant Gourmet Red and White Quinoa)
- feta-cheese - 100g feta cheese
- pine-nut - 50g toasted pine nut
- carrot - 1 small carrot, grated (around 50g)
- chive - small bunch chives, snipped
- lemon - juice half lemon
- red-pepper - 1 red pepper, chopped
- black-olive - 50g pitted black olive
- spring-onion - 2 spring onions, chopped
- Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Halve the butternut squash, scoop out the seeds and score the flesh with a sharp knife.
- Arrange the two halves on a baking tray, drizzle with a little olive oil, season with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt, sprinkle with dried oregano and cook for 40 minutes. Take out the oven, add the chopped peppers to the tray alongside the squash and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix the rest of the ingredients. Take the tray out of the oven and carefully transfer the peppers to the stuffing mix. Stir together and spoon the filling onto the butternut squash. Return to the oven for 10 mins. Serve.
Marathon recipe for 2 with filling leftover people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has butternut squash, olive oil, oregano, quinoa, feta cheese, pine nut, carrot, chive, lemon, red pepper, black olive and spring onion.