- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 358
- Fat Content: 21g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10g
- Carbohydrate Content: 40g
- Sugar Content: 32g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 0.42g
- butter - 100g butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- egg - 2 eggs
- caster-sugar - 85g caster sugar
- self-raising-flour - 50g self-raising flour
- almond - 50g ground almonds
- lemon - zest 1/2 lemon
- pear - 2 portions Apple, pear & cherry compote (see 'Goes well with')
- demerara-sugar - 2 tbsp demerara sugar
- First make the Apple, pear & cherry compote (see 'Goes well with'). You'll need 2 of the 12 portions of compote for this cake.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and grease a 20cm cake tin. Beat together the butter, eggs, caster sugar, flour, almonds and lemon zest to a smooth mixture. Scrape into the tin, dollop over the compote, then bake for 25-30 mins until well risen. Scatter over the sugar and return to the oven for 10-15 mins until the cake is cooked through.
- Remove from the tin and eat warm or at room temperature with cream or custard.
Fruitcake recipe for 6 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has butter, egg, caster sugar, self-raising flour, almond, lemon, pear and demerara sugar.