- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 356
- Fat Content: 24g
- Saturated Fat Content: 14g
- Carbohydrate Content: 27g
- Sugar Content: 21g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
Sugar-cured strawberries & white chocolate crumble
- milk-powder - 60g milk powder
- cornflour - 50g cornflour
- light-brown-soft-sugar - 20g light brown soft sugar
- butter - 50g butter, melted
- white-chocolate - 100g white chocolate, melted
- strawberries - 400g strawberries
- creme-fraiche - 4 tbsp creme fraiche
- pistachios - 20g pistachios, chopped
- mint-leaves - mint leaves (optional), to serve
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Mix the milk powder, cornflour and half the sugar together, then pour over the melted butter and white chocolate. Mix with a spoon until it forms a crumb, then scatter over abaking sheetand bake for 10 mins until golden. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Remove the tops of the strawberries, thencutinto quarters. Toss the strawberries in the rest of the sugar, then divide evenly between four bowls and leave to cure for 30 mins.
- Add a large spoonful of creme fraiche to the strawberries, and scatter over the pistachios and some of the crumble (this recipe makes plenty of crumble - any leftovers will keep in a jar or airtight container for several weeks). Scatter over a few small mint leaves, if you like, to lift the flavour and colour of the dessert.
Summer recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has milk powder, cornflour, light brown soft sugar, butter, white chocolate, strawberries, crème fraîche, pistachios and mint leaves.Add to Favourites