- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 446
- Fat Content: 17g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 46g
- Sugar Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 11g
- Protein Content: 25g
- Sodium Content: 2.7g
Summer beans on toast with prosciutto
- broad-bean - 300g podded broad bean
- green-bean - 200g green bean
- pesto - 4 heaped tbsp fresh pesto
- ciabatta - large ciabatta, split in half through the centre, then in half again to give four pieces
- olive-oil - olive oil, for drizzling
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, squashed
- cream-cheese - 140g light cream cheese
- prosciutto - 4 slices prosciutto
- rocket - 70g bag rocket
- Heat a medium-sized pan of water until boiling, and heat a griddle pan over a high heat. Add the broad beans and green beans to the boiling water. Cook for 2 mins or until just tender, then drain and remove the broad bean skins, if you like. Mix the vegetables with the pesto.
- Meanwhile, drizzle the cut side of the ciabatta with a little oil, then rub with the squashed garlic. Place, oiled-side down, in the griddle pan. Toast until charred griddle lines appear - about 2 mins.
- Place a piece of toasted ciabatta on each plate, spread with the cream cheese, then top with the pesto veg, a slice of prosciutto and a handful of rocket leaves. Drizzle with some more olive oil and serve.
Quick summer recipe for 4 people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has broad bean, green bean, pesto, ciabatta, olive oil, garlic clove, cream cheese, prosciutto and rocket.Add to Favourites