- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 406
- Fat Content: 5g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 82g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 14g
- Sodium Content: 0.51g
Summer courgette risotto
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 1 onion and 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- tomato - 3 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- risotto-rice - 350g carnaroli or other risotto rice
- rosemary - 1 tsp chopped rosemary
- vegetable-stock - 1 1/2 l hot vegetable stock
- courgette - 3 courgettes, finely diced
- pea - 140g peas, fresh or frozen
- basil - large handful basil, lightly torn
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Cook the onion and garlic for 5 mins until the onion has softened. Add the tomatoes and cook for 3-4 mins until softened and pulpy, then add the rice and rosemary.
- Pour in half the stock and leave to cook for 10 mins or until the liquid has evaporated, stirring from time to time. Add the rest of the stock, then continue to cook for a further 5 mins.
- Stir in the courgettes and peas, then cook for another 5 mins or so, stirring until the rice is tender, but the mixture is still a bit saucy. Can be frozen at this stage for up to 1 month. Season with plenty of black pepper, then add the basil and stir until wilted. Serve immediately.
Healthy summer recipe for 4 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion, tomato, risotto rice, rosemary, vegetable stock, courgette, pea and basil.