- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 331
- Fat Content: 14g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 25g
- Sugar Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 12g
- Sodium Content: 0.6g
Summer egg salad with basil & peas
- new-potatoes - 150g new potatoes, thickly sliced
- french-beans - 160g French beans, trimmed
- frozen-peas - 160g frozen peas
- eggs - 3 eggs
- romaine-lettuce - 160g romaine lettuce, roughly torn into pieces
- extra-virgin-olive-oil - 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- cider-vinegar - 2 tsp cider vinegar
- english-mustard-powder - 1/2 tsp English mustard powder
- mint - 2 tbsp chopped mint
- basil - 3 tbsp chopped basil
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- capers - 1 tbsp capers
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of simmering water for 5 mins. Add the beans and cook 5 mins more, then tip in the peas and cook for 2 mins until all the vegetables are just tender. Meanwhile, boil the eggs in another pan for 8 mins. Drain and run under cold water, then carefully shell and halve.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a large bowl with a good grinding of black pepper, crushing the herbs and capers with the back of a spoon to intensify their flavours.
- Mix the warm vegetables into the dressing to coat, then add the lettuce and toss everything together. Pile onto plates, top with the eggs and grind over some black pepper to serve.
Healthy summer recipe for 2 people, takes only 12 mins; recipe has new potatoes, french beans, frozen peas, eggs, romaine lettuce, extra virgin olive oil, cider vinegar, english mustard powder, mint, basil, garlic clove and capers.