- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 10
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 483
- Fat Content: 26g
- Saturated Fat Content: 11g
- Carbohydrate Content: 30g
- Sugar Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 32g
- Sodium Content: 0.77g
Summer fish pie
- fish-stock - 500ml vegetable or fish stock
- salmon-fillet - 500g skinless salmon fillets
- pollock - 500g skinless pollock fillets
- prawn - 300g raw or cooked prawns (see tip)
- frozen-pea - 175g frozen peas, defrosted
- dill - small bunch dill, chopped
- green-bean - 200g green beans, chopped
- white-wine - 300ml / 1/2 pt white wine
- double-cream - 200ml double cream
- cornflour - 1 heaped tbsp cornflour
- new-potato - 1 1/2 kg new potatoes, larger ones halved
- olive-oil - 3 tbsp olive oil
- spring-onion - small bunch spring onions, chopped
- cheddar - 140g cheddar, grated
- chive - 1 bunch chives, chopped
- Heat the stock in a small pan and add the salmon and pollock. Simmer gently for 5 mins, then turn off the heat and leave to sit for 5 mins more. Remove the fish, keeping the stock, and flake into large chunks, removing bones as you go. Spread onto the base of 1 large or 2 smaller overnproof dishes with the prawns, peas, dill and green beans.
- Pour the wine, reserved stock and cream into a pan and simmer to reduce a little. Mix the cornflour to a paste with 1 tbsp of the sauce and whisk back into the sauce, simmering until thickened. Pour over the fish and veg and leave to cool a little while you make the topping.
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until tender, about 10-15 mins. Drain and steam-dry for a few mins, then return to the pan with the olive oil, spring onions and half the cheese and chives. Season, crush lightly with a fork or potato masher, then spoon over the fish. Sprinkle on the remaining cheese and chives.
- To eat straight away, heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Cook for 25-30 mins until the topping is golden and filling bubbling. To freeze, allow pies to cool completely, then wrap well and freeze. Defrost fully overnight and cook as above, just adding 10 mins to the cooking time. Or cook from frozen: cover with foil and cook at 180C/160C fan/gas 4 for 1 hr 45 mins, then remove foil and turn up to 220C/200C fan/gas 7 for 45 mins more, ensuring it is piping hot before serving.
Fish pie recipe for 10 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has fish stock, salmon fillet, pollock, prawn, frozen pea, dill, green bean, white wine, double cream, cornflour, new potato, olive oil, spring onion, cheddar and chive.