- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 325
- Fat Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 26g
- Sugar Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 34g
- Sodium Content: 0.7g
Summer fish stew
- bread - 4 slices stale bread, diced
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 1 onion, finely chopped
- garlic-cloves - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- chilli-flakes - 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- chopped-tomatoes - 400g can chopped tomatoes
- white-fish - 4 frozen white fish fillets, such as cod or pollock
- butter-beans - 400g can butter beans, drained
- parsley - small pack parsley, roughly chopped
- lemon - 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the bread on a large baking sheet, drizzle over 1 tbsp oil and bake for 10 mins until golden. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the rest of the oil in a large flameproof casserole dish over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened for about 10 mins, then add the garlic and chilli flakes and stir for 1 min. Tip in the tomatoes and fish fillets. Cover and simmer for 10 mins until the fish is nearly cooked, then uncover.
- Tip in the butter beans, season well, then cook until everything is hot. Serve scattered with the croutons, parsley and lemon.
Cheap family recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has bread, olive oil, onion, garlic cloves, chilli flakes, chopped tomatoes, white fish, butter beans, parsley and lemon.