- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 362
- Fat Content: 9g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 33g
- Sugar Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 40g
- Sodium Content: 1.39g
Superhealthy Singapore noodles
- egg-noodle - 3 nests medium egg noodles
- sunflower-oil - 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- broccoli - 100g tenderstem broccoli, stems sliced at an angle
- red-pepper - 1 red pepper, deseeded, quartered then cut into strips
- baby-corn - 85g baby corn, quartered lenthways
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, shredded
- red-chilli - 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- ginger - thumb-sized piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- chicken-breast - 2 skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- king-prawn - 100g shelled raw king prawns
- madras-curry-paste - 1 heaped tbsp Madras curry paste
- soy-sauce - 2 tsp soy sauce
- beansprout - 100g beansprouts
- coriander - 15g pack coriander, chopped
- spring-onion - 4 spring onions, shredded
- lime - lime wedges, for squeezing
- Pour boiling water over the noodles and leave to soften. Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a large non-stick wok and stir-fry all the vegetables, except the beansprouts and onions, with the garlic, chilli and ginger until softened. If the broccoli won't soften, add a splash of water to the wok and cover to create some steam.
- Tip the veg on to a plate, add the rest of the oil to the wok then briefly stir-fry the chicken and prawns until just cooked. Set aside with the vegetables and add the curry paste to the pan. Stir-fry for a few secs then add 150ml water and the soy sauce. Allow to bubble then add the drained, softened noodles and beansprouts, and toss together to coat.
- Return the vegetables, chicken and prawns to the wok with the coriander and spring onions. Toss well over the heat and serve with lime wedges.
Healthy noodle recipe for 4 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has egg noodle, sunflower oil, broccoli, red pepper, baby corn, garlic clove, red chilli, ginger, chicken breast, king prawn, madras curry paste, soy sauce, beansprout, coriander, spring onion and lime.