- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 313
- Fat Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 33g
- Sugar Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 18g
- Sodium Content: 0.7g
- sushi-rice - 150g sushi rice
- rice-wine-vinegar - 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- cucumber - 1/2 cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- carrot - 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- soy-sauce - 1 tbsp soy sauce
- nori - 4 nori sheets
- wasabi - 2 tsp wasabi paste
- ginger - 50g pickled ginger, finely chopped
- lime - 1 lime, juiced
- avocados - 2 very ripe avocados, halved, stoned, peeled and sliced
- tuna-steak - 200g sushi grade tuna steak, sliced
- coriander - small pack coriander, leaves picked
- Put the rice in a bowl, cover with cold water and massage to remove the starch. Drain and repeat until the water runs clear. Put the rice in a small saucepan, cover with 2.5cm of water and put on a tight-fitting lid. Simmer on a medium heat for 10 mins, then take off the heat (leaving the lid on) and steam for a further 15 mins. Stir in the vinegar, then cool completely.
- Toss the cucumber and carrot matchsticks in the soy and leave to marinate.
- Lay out a sushi mat and put a nori sheet, shiny-side down, on top of it. Spread a quarter of the rice over the nori, leaving a 1cm border at the top. Mix the wasabi, ginger and lime juice.
- Layer with the avocado, cucumber and carrot, and tuna. Top with the wasabi mix and coriander. Dampen the top border with a little water, fold in both sides of the nori sheet, then use the sushi mat to help roll. Wrap in foil, slice in half and serve.
Healthy rice recipe for 4 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has sushi rice, rice wine vinegar, cucumber, carrot, soy sauce, nori, wasabi, ginger, lime, avocados, tuna steak and coriander.