- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 281
- Fat Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 32g
- Sugar Content: 12g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 22g
- Sodium Content: 0.75g
Sweet potato & chicken curry
- sweet-potato - 500g sweet potato, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- chicken-thigh - 4 skinless chicken thigh fillets, each cut into large chunks
- red-onion - 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- curry-paste - 2 tbsp rogan josh curry paste
- tomato - 2 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
- spinach - 125g spinach
- Cook the sweet potatoes in boiling, salted water for 5-7 mins until just tender. Drain well, then set aside. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan, then add the chicken and onion. Cook for 5-6 mins until the chicken is browned and cooked through. Stir in the curry paste, cook for 1 min, add the tomatoes, then cook for another min.
- Pour in 100ml boiling water and mix well. Simmer for 5 mins, add the spinach, then cook for 2 mins until wilted. Fold in the potatoes and heat through. Serve with rice and naan breads.
Cheap cut recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has sweet potato, olive oil, chicken thigh, red onion, curry paste, tomato and spinach.