- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 513
- Fat Content: 20g
- Saturated Fat Content: 14g
- Carbohydrate Content: 77g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 10g
- Protein Content: 11g
- Sodium Content: 1.46g
Sweet potato & pea curry
- curry-paste - 3 tbsp curry paste from a jar
- onion - 1 onion, finely chopped
- potato - 450g potatoes, cut into chunks
- sweet-potato - 2 large sweet potatoes (about 900g) cut into chunks
- vegetable-stock - 600ml vegetable stock, from a cube is fine
- coconut-milk - 400ml can coconut milk
- frozen-pea - 175g frozen peas
- coriander - small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- Heat the curry paste in a large pan and stir in the onion. Cover and cook for 5 mins, stirring occasionally, until softened. Add the potatoes, stock and coconut milk to the pan and bring to the boil.
- Turn the heat down and simmer the curry for 20 mins until the potato has softened. Add the peas, bring back to the boil and simmer for 2 mins more. Season to taste and spoon the curry into bowls. Scatter over the coriander before you tuck in.
Student recipe for 4 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has curry paste, onion, potato, sweet potato, vegetable stock, coconut milk, frozen pea and coriander.