- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 383
- Fat Content: 19g
- Saturated Fat Content: 11g
- Carbohydrate Content: 48g
- Sugar Content: 15g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 9g
- Sodium Content: 0.61g
Sweet potato & spinach bake
- single-cream - 300ml single cream (or double cream for a really creamy texture)
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, peeled
- thyme - 2 sprigs thyme or rosemary
- spinach - 250g bag frozen spinach
- nutmeg - freshly grated nutmeg
- butter - butter, for greasing
- sweet-potato - 850g sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 3mm thick)
- cheese - 25g grated hard cheese, such as cheddar, Parmesan or veggie alternative
- lamb-chop - 2 lamb chops
- rosemary - few sprigs thyme or rosemary
- olive-oil - 1 tsp olive oil per portion
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the cream, garlic and herb sprigs into a small saucepan and slowly bring to just below boiling. Turn off the heat, season and leave to infuse.
- Put the spinach into a colander, pour over a kettle of boiling water and leave to drain for a few mins. Then squeeze out as much water as possible. Season with salt, pepper and freshly grated nutmeg.
- Grease an ovenproof dish generously with butter and spread half the sweet potato slices across the bottom. Top with a layer of spinach, then the remaining potato. Pour over the cream mixture, through a sieve to remove the garlic and herbs, then sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 45-55 mins until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, if you're serving the chops, heat a griddle or frying pan and finely chop the leaves from the herb sprig. Rub over the chops with the oil and some seasoning, then griddle or fry for 3-4 mins on each side or until cooked to your liking. Leave bake, and chops if serving, to rest for 5 mins, then serve with a big green salad.
Vegetarian comfort food recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has single cream, garlic clove, thyme, spinach, nutmeg, butter, sweet potato, cheese, lamb chop, rosemary and olive oil.