- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 5
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 321
- Fat Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 55g
- Sugar Content: 12g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 15g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
Tagliatelle with vegetable ragu
- onion - 1 onion, finely chopped
- celery - 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- carrot - 2 carrots, diced
- garlic-clove - 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- tomato-puree - 1 tbsp each tomato puree and balsamic vinegar
- mushroom - 250g diced vegetables, such as courgettes, peppers and mushroom
- red-lentil - 50g red lentil
- chopped-tomato - 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes with basil
- tagliatelle - 250g tagliatelle (or your favourite pasta)
- parmesan - 2 tbsp shaved parmesan (optional)
- Tip the onion, celery and carrots into a large non-stick saucepan and add 2-3 tbsp water or stock, if you have some. Cook gently, stirring often, until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the garlic, tomato puree and balsamic vinegar, cook on a high heat for 1 min more, add the diced veg, lentils, tomatoes, then bring up to the boil.
- Turn to a simmer, then cook for about 20 mins. Meanwhile, cook the pasta following pack instructions, then drain. Season the ragu and serve with pasta and Parmesan on top, if you like.
Low-calorie pasta recipe for 5 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has onion, celery, carrot, garlic clove, tomato purée, mushroom, red lentil, chopped tomato, tagliatelle and parmesan.