- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 359
- Fat Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 27g
- Sugar Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 35g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
- trout - 4 thick trout fillets
- curry-paste - 1 tbsp tandoori curry paste
- new-potato - 500g new potatoes, larger ones halved
- vegetable-oil - 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, chopped
- ground-cumin - 1 tsp ground cumin
- garam-masala - 1 tsp garam masala (or ground coriander)
- ground-turmeric - 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- frozen-peas - 320g frozen peas
- yogurt - yogurt, coriander leaves and mango chutney, to serve
- Coat the trout in the curry paste. Put the potatoes in a large pan of cold salted water, bring to the boil and cook for 15-20 mins until tender but still retaining their shape. Drain and leave to steam-dry.
- Heat the grill. Put the trout fillets on a baking tray lined with foil and cook until tender, about 6-8 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the garlic and spices. Cook for a few mins until fragrant, then tip in the potatoes. Fry for 3 mins until crisp at the edges, then throw in the frozen peas. Cook for 2-3 mins more until warmed through. Season well and serve with the trout, coriander sprinkled over, and yogurt and chutney on the side.
Healthy dinner recipe for 4 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has trout, curry paste, new potato, vegetable oil, garlic clove, ground cumin, garam masala, ground turmeric, frozen peas and yogurt.