- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 333
- Fat Content: 20g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 28g
- Sugar Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 10g
- Sodium Content: 0.8g
Tartines with roasted tomatoes & mint pesto
- tomato - 8 medium-sized vine-ripened tomatoes, halved
- extra-virgin-olive-oil - 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- wholemeal-bread - 4 thick slices wholemeal bread
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, left whole
- pine-nut - 25g pine nut, toasted
- mint - small bunch mint
- balsamic-vinegar - 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ricotta - 100g ricotta
- salad - green salad, to serve (optional)
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Put the tomato halves in a roasting tin in a single layer. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of the oil, season well and roast for 20 mins. Set aside.
- Toast the bread, then rub with the garlic - save the clove for the pesto. Brush a bit more oil over the bread and put on 4 plates.
- Using a food processor, whizz together the pine nuts, mint, garlic, remaining oil and vinegar. Thickly spread the ricotta on the bread, then top with the roasted tomatoes and some mint pesto. Serve with a salad, if you like.
Healthy sandwich recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has tomato, extra-virgin olive oil, wholemeal bread, garlic clove, pine nut, mint, balsamic vinegar, ricotta and salad.