- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 334
- Fat Content: 12g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 41g
- Sugar Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 14g
- Sodium Content: 1.7g
Tear-and-share feta flatbreads
- strong-bread-flour - 250g strong bread flour, plus extra for dusting
- fast-action-dried-yeast - 7g sachet fast-action dried yeast
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil, plus a drizzle to serve
- onion - 3 onions, cut into wedges
- nigella-seeds - 1 tsp nigella seeds
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- fresh-thyme-leaves - 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- marmalade - 4 tbsp red onion marmalade
- ham - 6 slices air-dried or wild boar ham
- feta - 100g feta, roughly crumbled
- parsley - 1 tbsp roughly chopped parsley
- spring-onions - 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- Put all the flatbread ingredients in a bowl with 1/2 tsp salt and 100ml warm water. Using your hands, bring together to form a dough, adding more water if needed. Tip onto a work surface and knead for 10 mins until smooth and elastic. Return the dough to the bowl, cover with cling film and leave to prove somewhere warm for about 1 hr, or until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 200C/ 180C fan/gas 6. Put the onion in aroasting tin, scatter over the nigella seeds, oil, thyme and some salt, and toss together. Roast for 25 mins, turning the onion every 5 mins or so to ensure even colouring and cooking. Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Can be made up to two days ahead.
- Tip the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide it in two, then roll each piece out into a long oval shape. Transfer each flatbread to a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 10 mins until puffed up and golden, then spread with onion marmalade and scatter with the roasted onions. Top with the ham, scatter over the crumbled feta, then return to the oven for 5-10 mins more. Scatter with parsley and spring onion, drizzle with a bit more oil, and serve.
Sharing recipe for 6 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has strong bread flour, fast-action dried yeast, olive oil, onion, nigella seeds, olive oil, fresh thyme leaves, marmalade, ham, feta, parsley and spring onions.