- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 601
- Fat Content: 36g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 55g
- Sugar Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 11g
- Sodium Content: 1.1g
Tempura veg hot dogs
- mayo - 3 tbsp mayo
- chilli-jam - 1 tbsp chilli jam
- hot-dog-buns - 4 hot dog buns
- oil - 500ml oil, for frying
- cornflour - 50g cornflour
- plain-flour - 30g plain flour
- cold-lager - 80ml cold lager
- vegetables - 300g mixed vegetables (we used courgette, aubergine and red pepper), cut into chunks
- spring-onion - 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- salted-peanuts - 2 tbsp salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Mix the mayo with the chilli jam and set aside. Split the buns in half and get everything else ready.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed pan until 180C or until a little piece of veg browns in 20 secs. Line a baking tray with kitchen paper, then whisk together the flours and beer with a good pinch of seasoning.
- Working in batches, spoon the veg pieces into the batter, toss to coat, then fry until golden brown and crisp - about 2-3 mins. Remove with a slotted spoon, drain on the kitchen paper and sprinkle with salt. Repeat the process until all the veg is fried.
- Divide the tempura veg between the buns, drizzle over some mayo, then top with the spring onions and peanuts.
Vegetarian summer recipe for 4 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has mayo, chilli jam, hot dog buns, oil, cornflour, plain flour, cold lager, vegetables, spring onion and salted peanuts.Add to Favourites