- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 188
- Fat Content: 5g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 7g
- Sugar Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 29g
- Sodium Content: 1.05g
Teriyaki steak with fennel slaw
- soy-sauce - 2 tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- red-wine-vinegar - 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- honey - 1 tsp clear honey
- steak - 4 sirloin or rump steaks, trimmed of all visible fat, each about 125g
- carrot - 1 large carrot, coarsely grated
- fennel-bulb - 1 fennel bulb, halved and thinly sliced
- red-onion - 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- coriander - handful coriander leaves
- lime - juice 1 lime
- Mix the soy, vinegar and honey, add the steaks, then marinate for 10-15 mins.
- Toss together the carrot, fennel, onion and coriander, then chill until ready to serve.
- Cook the steaks in a griddle pan for a few mins on each side, depending on the thickness and how well done you like them. Set the meat aside to rest on a plate, then add the remaining marinade to the pan. Bubble the marinade until it reduces a little to make a sticky sauce.
- Dress the salad with the lime juice, then pile onto plates and serve with the steaks. Spoon the sauce over the meat.
Healthy dinner party recipe for 4 people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has soy sauce, red wine vinegar, honey, steak, carrot, fennel bulb, red onion, coriander and lime.