- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 696
- Fat Content: 50g
- Saturated Fat Content: 20g
- Carbohydrate Content: 26g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 31g
- Sodium Content: 2.6g
Tex-Mex meatball tacos
- beef-mince - 400g beef mince
- egg - 1 egg
- fajita-spice - 35g sachet fajita spice mix
- tomato - 4 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
- coriander - small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- lime - 2 limes, 1 juiced, 1 cut into wedges to serve
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- soured-cream - 150ml soured cream
- mozzarella - 75g grated cheddar or mozzarella
- avocado - 1 avocado
- taco-shells - 8 taco shells
- Mix the mince with the egg, spice mix and some seasoning, then shape into 16 meatballs. Set aside in the fridge to firm up slightly while you make the sides.
- Mix the tomatoes, coriander, 1/2 the garlic and 1/2 the lime juice in a bowl with 1 tbsp oil, season and set aside. Stir the remaining garlic into the soured cream with a handful of the grated cheese and season. Slice the avocado and squeeze over the remaining lime juice. Bring these, the taco shells and lime wedges to the table.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan. Fry the meatballs over a medium heat for 8-10 mins until evenly browned and cooked through. Sprinkle over the remaining cheese, put a lid on the pan and cook for 1 min until melted, then let everyone help themselves.
Sharing recipe for 4 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has beef mince, egg, fajita spice, tomato, coriander, garlic clove, lime, olive oil, soured cream, mozzarella, avocado and taco shells.