- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Serving: 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 262
- Fat Content: 16g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8g
- Carbohydrate Content: 8g
- Sugar Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 23g
- Sodium Content: 2.38g
Thai green chicken soup
- sunflower-oil - 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- onion - 1 onion, finely chopped
- chicken-thigh - 500g pack skinless chicken thigh fillets, finely chopped
- garlic-clove - 4 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- thai-green-curry-paste - 285g jar Thai green curry paste
- coconut-milk - 400ml can coconut milk
- chicken-stock - 1 3/4 l chicken stock
- kaffir-lime-leaf - 5 kaffir lime leaves
- fish-sauce - 2 tbsp fish sauce
- spring-onion - 1 bunch spring onions, the white sliced on the diagonal and the green finely chopped
- green-bean - 280g pack fine green bean, trimmed and halved
- bamboo-shoot - 150g pack bamboo shoot
- lime - juice 2 limes, plus wedges to serve
- basil - small bunch basil
- Heat the oil in your largest pan, add the onion and fry for 3 mins to soften. Add the chicken and garlic, and cook until the chicken changes colour.
- Add the curry paste, coconut milk, stock, lime leaves and fish sauce, then simmer for 12 mins. Add the chopped onion tops, green beans and bamboo shoots and cook for 4-6 mins, until the beans are just tender.
- Meanwhile, put the lime juice and basil in a narrow jug and blitz with a hand blender to make a smooth green paste. Pour into the soup with the sliced spring onion and heat through. Serve with lime wedges for a light lunch or supper or as a make-ahead starter.
Healthy soup recipe for 8 people, takes only 50 mins; recipe has sunflower oil, onion, chicken thigh, garlic clove, thai green curry paste, coconut milk, chicken stock, kaffir lime leaf, fish sauce, spring onion, green bean, bamboo shoot, lime and basil.