- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 585
- Fat Content: 44g
- Saturated Fat Content: 16g
- Carbohydrate Content: 2g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 45g
- Sodium Content: 0.83g
Three-hour pork belly
- Toast 2 tbsp fennel seeds and 1 tsp black peppercorns in a dryfrying panfor a couple of mins. Pound them together in apestle and mortarwith some flaked sea salt, the leaves from 1 small bunch of thyme and 3 garlic cloves to make a paste.
- Mix with 2 tbsp olive oil and rub all over the flesh of a 1 1/2 - 2kg piece of boneless pork belly. Cover and chill, leaving to marinate for a few hours or overnight.
- When ready to cook, rub the skin of the joint with plenty of salt and 1 tbsp more olive oil. Sit on awire rackin aroasting tinand roast at 200C/180C fan/gas 6 for 30 mins.
- After this time, squeeze 2 lemons over the skin and turn the heat down to 180C/ 160C fan/gas 4. Roast for a further 2 hrs.
- Finally, turn the heat back up to 220C/ 200C fan/gas 7 and give it a final blast for another 30 mins or so, to finish the crackling.
- Allow to rest somewhere warm for 20 mins.Carve upinto chunks or slices and serve with the braised cabbage (below) and bay-infused potatoes (see 'goes well with').
Cheap cut recipe for 6 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has fennel seed, peppercorn, thyme, garlic clove, olive oil, pork belly and lemon.Add to Favourites