- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 378
- Fat Content: 18g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Carbohydrate Content: 36g
- Sugar Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 8g
- Protein Content: 14g
- Sodium Content: 1g
Toasted soda bread with blue cheese & pear
- bread - 2 slices seeded wholemeal soda bread (see goes well with)
- blue-cheese - 50g Danish blue cheese
- rapeseed-oil - 2 tsp rapeseed oil
- apple-cider-vinegar - 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- mustard-powder - pinch of English mustard powder
- garlic-clove - 1 small garlic clove, finely grated
- mixed-leaf - 85g bag mixed leaf salad (choose one with curly endive and radicchio)
- pear - 1 large or 2 small pears, halved, cored and sliced (no need to peel)
- walnut - 20g walnuts, roughly chopped
- Toast the bread while you make the dressing: mash 15g blue cheese with the oil, vinegar, mustard powder, garlic and 1 tbsp water.
- Pile the salad leaves onto two plates. Spread the remaining cheese over the toast (it doesn't matter if it goes cold), top with the pear and scatter with the walnut pieces. Drizzle the dressing over the salad leaves and serve.
Vegetarian lunch recipe for 2 people, takes only 2 mins; recipe has bread, blue cheese, rapeseed oil, apple cider vinegar, mustard powder, garlic clove, mixed leaf, pear and walnut.