- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 448
- Fat Content: 22g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 30g
- Sugar Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 31g
- Sodium Content: 0.44g
Toddler recipe: Salmon fish fingers with chunky chips
- potato - 2 potatoes cut into wedges (see tip below)
- oil - 2 tbsp oil
- egg - 1 large egg, beaten
- breadcrumbs - 100g breadcrumbs, made from day-old bread
- paprika - 1/2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- salmon - 4 salmon fillets (go for the thick ones), each cut into 3 strips
- oil - drizzle of oil
- vegetables - favourite vegetables, to serve
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the potato wedges on the baking sheet. Drizzle over 1 tbsp oil and toss the potatoes in it. Season lightly or leave it out altogether for young children. Cook in the oven for 20 mins, turning them halfway through.
- Meanwhile, put the beaten egg into a shallow bowl. Tip the breadcrumbs onto a plate. Mix the sweet smoked paprika into the breadcrumbs along with a little seasoning if you like.
- Brush a non-stick baking sheet with the remaining oil. Dip the fish strips into the egg, then coat them with the breadcrumbs. Transfer to the baking sheet.Bake for 25 mins until golden. The fish fingers are very delicate so lift them carefully off the tray with aspatula. Serve with their favourite vegetables and the chunky chips.You can open freeze the fish fingers on a baking tray, then once frozen transfer to a freezer bag. Cook from frozen at 200C/180C fan/gas 6 for 20 - 25 mins until crisp and cooked all the way through.
Toddler recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has potato, oil, egg, breadcrumbs, paprika, salmon, oil and vegetables.