- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 151
- Fat Content: 4g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 21g
- Sugar Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
Toddler recipe: Sweetcorn & spinach fritters
- sweetcorn - 1 x small 195g can no-salt sweetcorn, drained
- baby-spinach-leaf - small handful baby spinach leaf
- garlic-clove - 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- spring-onion - 1 spring onion, chopped
- plain-flour - 50g plain flour
- baking-powder - 1/2 tsp baking powder
- egg - 1 egg
- milk - 50ml milk
- rapeseed-oil - 1 tsp rapeseed oil, for frying
- Pulse all the ingredients except the oil in afood processoruntil fairly but not completely smooth.
- Heat a little oil in afrying panuntil hot and dollop four spoonfuls of the mixture into the pan leaving space around them. Fry for just under 1 min on each side until lightly golden. When you flip the fritter, flatten with a spatula to ensure even cooking the whole way through. Cook in three batches, placing the cooked fritters on a plate covered with kitchen roll. Serve warm.
- You can freeze any fritters you don't need. Lay them on a baking sheet, then once frozen, transfer to a freezer bag. Reheat the frozen fritters in the oven (180C/160fan/gas 4) for around 10 mins until piping hot. Allow to cool to lukewarm before serving.
Toddler recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 6 mins; recipe has sweetcorn, baby spinach leaf, garlic clove, spring onion, plain flour, baking powder, egg, milk and rapeseed oil.