- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 321
- Fat Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 53g
- Sugar Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 12g
- Sodium Content: 0.74g
Tofu & asparagus pad Thai
- flat-rice-noodle - 200g flat rice noodles
- lime - 2 limes, 1 juiced, one cut into wedges
- tamarind - 1 tbsp tamarind paste, or extra lime juice
- sweet-chilli-sauce - 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce, plus extra for serving
- vegetable-oil - 2 tbsp vegetable oil or sunflower oil
- tofu - 300g firm tofu, drained, patted dry and cut into cubes
- asparagus-spear - 10 asparagus spears, trimmed and sliced on the diagonal
- spring-onion - 6 spring onions halved and thinly sliced lengthways
- beansprout - 300g bag beansprouts
- garlic-clove - 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- coriander - handful each coriander leaves and salted peanuts, to serve
- Cook the noodles following packet instructions. Mix the lime juice, tamarind and chilli sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick frying pan or wok and fry the tofu for 5-8 mins, until golden all over. Set aside.
- Add the remaining oil and stir-fry the asparagus until tender. Tip in the spring onions, beansprouts and garlic. Cook for 2 mins more. Stir in the drained noodles, sauce and some salt. Mix in the tofu and heat through. Serve with coriander, salted peanuts and lime wedges.
Healthy Thai recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has flat rice noodle, lime, tamarind, sweet chilli sauce, vegetable oil, tofu, asparagus spear, spring onion, beansprout, garlic clove and coriander.