- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 114
- Fat Content: 5g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 10g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
Tomato & courgette stew
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 1 onion, chopped
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- courgette - 3 courgettes, quartered lengthways and cut into chunks
- chopped-tomato - 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- basil - small bunch basil, torn
- parmesan - 25g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), finely grated
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for about 10 mins until softened and starting to go golden brown. Add the garlic and cook for 5 mins more.
- Add the courgettes and cook for about 5 mins until starting to soften. Tip in the tomatoes and give everything a good stir. Simmer for 35-40 mins or until tomatoes are reduced and courgettes soft, then stir in the basil and Parmesan.
Vegetarian casserole recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion, garlic clove, courgette, chopped tomato, basil and parmesan.