- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 639
- Fat Content: 24g
- Saturated Fat Content: 11g
- Carbohydrate Content: 80g
- Sugar Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 31g
- Sodium Content: 1.14g
Tomato & mozzarella spaghetti bake
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- tomato - 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- chilli-powder - good pinch chilli powder
- spaghetti - 400g spaghetti, broken into short lengths
- basil-leaf - handful basil leaves, plus a few extra
- mozzarella - 250g pack mozzarella, sliced
- parmesan - 50g grated parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Heat the oil in large pan, add the garlic and fry for 1 min. Add the tomatoes, chilli and seasoning, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti, then drain. Mix the spaghetti with the tomato sauce and basil, then spoon half into a large ovenproof dish. Arrange half the mozzarella over the top and sprinkle with half the Parmesan. Repeat the layers, then bake for 15-20 mins until lightly browned on top. Scatter with extra basil and serve with a big green salad.
Veggie pasta bake recipe for 4 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has olive oil, garlic clove, tomato, chilli powder, spaghetti, basil leaf, mozzarella and parmesan.