- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 326
- Fat Content: 18g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 11g
- Sugar Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 31g
- Sodium Content: 0.24g
Trout with almonds & red peppers
- red-pepper - 1 large red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- tomato - 2 large tomatoes, roughly chopped, or handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, chopped
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil, plus a little extra
- balsamic-vinegar - 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- trout - 2 trout fillets, about 140g each
- flaked-almond - 2 tbsp flaked almonds
- lemon - lemon wedges and rocket salad, to serve
- Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Tip the pepper, tomatoes, garlic, oil and vinegar into a roasting tin, then toss them together. Roast for 20 mins, then make a space in the roasting tin for the trout fillets, scattering with the almonds and a little salt and pepper.
- Return to the oven for a further 10-15 mins, until the fish is cooked and the almonds lightly toasted. Serve with lemon wedges for squeezing over and a rocket salad on the side.
Paleo recipe for 2 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has red pepper, tomato, garlic clove, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, trout, flaked almond and lemon.