- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 663
- Fat Content: 44g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10g
- Carbohydrate Content: 34g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 8g
- Protein Content: 28g
- Sodium Content: 1.1g
Tuna, avocado & quinoa salad
- quinoa - 100g quinoa
- extra-virgin-olive-oil - 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- lemon - juice 1 lemon
- white-wine-vinegar - 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- tuna - 120g can tuna, drained
- avocado - 1 avocado, stoned, peeled and cut into chunks
- cherry-tomato - 200g cherry tomatoes on the vine, halved
- feta - 50g feta, crumbled
- baby-spinach - 50g baby spinach
- mixed-seed - 2 tbsp mixed seeds, toasted
- Rinse the quinoa under cold water. Tip into a saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 mins until the grains have swollen but still have some bite. Drain, then transfer to a bowl to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a jug, combine the oil, lemon juice and vinegar with some seasoning.
- Once the quinoa has cooled, mix with the dressing and all the remaining ingredients and season. Divide between plates or lunchboxes.
Lunchbox recipe for 2 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has quinoa, extra virgin olive oil, lemon, white wine vinegar, tuna, avocado, cherry tomato, feta, baby spinach and mixed seed.