- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 517
- Fat Content: 26g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Carbohydrate Content: 52g
- Sugar Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 23g
- Sodium Content: 1.78g
Tuna balls with pea & sweetcorn pasta
- tuna - 200g can tuna in oil
- breadcrumb - 85g fresh breadcrumbs
- cheddar - 50g cheddar, finely grated
- egg - 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- chive - 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp sunflower or olive oil, for frying
- tomato-ketchup - tomato ketchup, to serve
- pasta - 100g small pasta shapes
- frozen-pea - a handful of frozen peas
- creamed-style-corn - half a 418g can creamed-style corn
- To make the tuna balls, tip the tuna and its oil into a large bowl and stir in the breadcrumbs and grated cheese. Add the beaten egg and chives, then season with a pinch of salt and stir again until everything is well mixed.
- Form into 12 balls the size of ping-pong balls, then chill until you're ready to cook.
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions, dropping in the peas for the last couple of minutes. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and fry the balls for 8-10 minutes, turning often, until they're golden brown. Drain them on kitchen paper and keep warm.
- Drain the pasta, return to the pan and add the corn. Heat gently for a minute, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Serve with ketchup.
School holiday recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has tuna, breadcrumb, cheddar, egg, chive, olive oil, tomato ketchup, pasta, frozen pea and creamed-style corn.