- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 494
- Carbohydrate Content: 56g
- Fat Content: 16g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 31g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.9g
- Sugar Content: 4g
Tuna pasta with rocket & parsley pesto
- pasta - 400g dried pasta
- green-bean - 140g frozen fine green bean
- cherry-tomato - 200g cherry tomato, halved
- parsley - large pack parsley, roughly chopped
- rocket - 100g bag rocket
- tuna - 185g can tuna in sunflower oil, drained but reserve the oil
- lemon - zest and juice 1 lemon
- tuna - 185g can tuna in spring water, drained
- soured-cream - 2 tbsp soured cream or cream cheese
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of salted boiling water, adding the green beans and cherry tomatoes for the final 3 mins of cooking time. Drain, reserving a mug of cooking water.
- Whizz the parsley, half the rocket, 3 tbsp of oil from the tuna, the lemon zest and juice, and some seasoning with enough of the reserved water in a food processor to form a spoonable pesto dressing.
- Tip the pasta and veg back into the pan and add the pesto, both cans of tuna and the soured cream or cream cheese, stirring through until hot. Remove from the heat and toss the rest of the rocket through the pasta.
Low-calorie pasta recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has pasta, green bean, cherry tomato, parsley, rocket, tuna, lemon, tuna and soured cream.